Am I Eligibile For Consolidation?
Who is Eligible for Student Loan Consolidation?
To be eligible for federal student loan consolidation, borrowers must:
- Not be in default
- Not be in school more than half time for the loans being consolidated
What is not Eligible?
- Loans may not be consolidated if the loan status indicates in school, in judgment, or in garnishment status, or is a private loan.
What is not required to consolidate?
- You do not need to be employed to consolidate your loans
- You do not need to have any form of collateral
- You do not need a cosigner of any kind